One blog to rule them all, One blog to find them,
One blog to bring them all, and on the internet
bind them.



Follow the links below to our members Blogs to see what activities they are up to, both for the club and for their own interests.

Monday 2 May 2022

Scheduling games

Hello everyone

 

I am looking for input, how are we going to schedule games assuming that we want to play and that people require some advance notice. I really need help here as I do not have a clue how to do this. With the possible exception of me, most everyone has a lot of non gaming activities in their lives. I am essentially available any day, at any time barring unforeseen events.

So how do we do this? Do we do this? 

I had thrown out the long weekend in May as a possible weekend to see us gaming. But more than one person has a conflict on certain days that weekend, some know what day others do not yet know the day. 

Western keep has offered to host, what day (s) were you thinking about, I am assuming it was not for the long weekend.

Do we just throw out days like spaghetti and see which ones will stick then go from there?

I think most of us have preferences for what game we might want to participate in, for example maybe not everyone wants to do ancient battles, or naval games or whatever. Do we therefore then post up something saying I want to host xxx this month then throw out some dates, or does someone say I really would like to try out Fantastic Battles or xxxx who could host and when.

I just want to host some games, to ref and to play. I will travel but I am game dependent I have no interest in certain genres or games so I am unlikely to participate in them, but maybe I will (stranger things have happened)

I will commit to saying out right if I cannot attend so that the host can assess the number of players who will be attending. I also commit to arriving at the predetermined time for the event to participate. I cannot commit to not being sarcastic, better to ask me to stop breathing.😏

Covid and other plagues are of course a potential concern and each player must assess their comfort level (barring any mandatory regs) 

So this has rambled on somewhat, the real point of this post is to get feedback on how we are to arrange game days/nights, or how we are not going to do that. We are a small group with diverse interests, how do we marshal our resources, our players and our gaming areas to make up for lost time and get gaming.

 

Thank you



1 comment:

  1. Good questions, all. Here are some preliminary thoughts. First, it seems to me that coordinating in private may be better. Also, blogger does not seem to "push" information, so it may be difficult to get people's attention. Aligning interests and gauging participation could involve polling of some kind, Which apps or fora could be used for scheduling and coordination? A private farcebook group for only a few members seems a bit much. Should we try something like Discord?

    ReplyDelete