One blog to rule them all, One blog to find them,
One blog to bring them all, and on the internet
bind them.



Follow the links below to our members Blogs to see what activities they are up to, both for the club and for their own interests.

Saturday 21 March 2020

Delays in getting this going, but this too shall pass...ouch

Sorry for the tease about a campaign, my recent bout of health issues have slowed me down a bit.
I thought I was done with passing, but based on today's events I may not be out of the woods yet, and I really do not know why. At any rate hopefully I will have a better understanding after a doctors appointment on Monday.

On to the game.
I now have two ideas for a campaign, the original fantasy campaign, vs or also, a space campaign.
The space campaign might be easier to run, but it would certainly be a very combat oriented campaign.

For the fantasy game, I will set up a Mighty Empire game. I would use the original booklet that came with the game, and any and all White Dwarf supplements that I have, which should be all of them.
I can supply a copy of these rules to those who do not have the rules.

Armies will be based on the old 3rd ed Warhammer Fantasy Battle system. Again, I can supply a copy to those who require a copy.

Battles will be resolved with a somewhat abstract resolution system.
I have three choices:
  1. The system presented in Mighty Empires, modified somewhat by an old C&S strategic system
  2. A modified version of the 2 Hour Wargames reaction system.
  3. A modified version of the mass combat system from Birthright, an old AD&D campaign system.
Each resolution system is more complex than the preceding system adding more player interaction with the battle which may or my not be wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment